If I were to spend my entire life living in Wichita Kansas it'd be...
Just to recap... I've lived in wichita for almost 14 years now.
Things I like:
- Low cost of living
- Close to family
- Friendly people
- Zero pressure to be a celebrity in designer clothes driving BMW
- 10 minute workday commute is normal
- Quaint hometown civic pride - people are trying to give us a vibrant arts and culture scene and it's wonderful
Things I don't like:
- It's Wichita, Kansas
- Crap for public transportation
- Far from ALL tourist destinations
- Fear that my kids are going to realize this is the center of hell and bail out of here faster than I can say "but we raised you..."
- Guilt that my five year old has never seen the ocean