I read somewhere that they can predict someone's personality at 30 based on how they act at 3. That would be interesting.
Here's what was said about Josie:
1) She likes playing with other kids, especially the ones who do what she says. We hear about her favorite friend Allie a lot, apparently Josie just goes up to Allie, grabs her hand, leads her over to where they're going to play. Her teacher is encouraging her to ASK Allie if she wants to play, but Allie doesn't mind just going with Josie so that's a challenge.
2) She's not very good at sitting still in circle time. I wondered how that would work out.
3) She loves crafts. Has some good fine motor skills, does well at things like gluing small circles to paper or putting stickers on their shapes. Loves using lots of different colors.
4) Hoards toys. Also hides things away in wrong places so no one else can play with them. Yup, we've seen that one.
5) Talks, sings, and dances a lot by herself, but freezes up when she realizes someone might be watching. She's even told me not to interrupt her when she's talking to herself. She, on the other hand, is fine interrupting anyone else at any time which is pretty annoying at home, and results in a lot of "Okay, hold that thought Josie" at school when she pipes up with whatever random story is in her head.
6) Likes books.
7) Likes trying new things, wants to be independent.
8) Has started telling lies recently, like she said a kid bit her finger but the kid she accused wasn't even there that day. The awful part of me thought, "Well it sounds like the problem is that she's BAD at lying!" but I kept that to myself, we'll work on it.
9) Apparently she says "please" at school way better than she does at home. Same with cleaning up. So there's hope!
Overall she's doing fine, totally ready for the pre-K class next year, she loves preschool and it was fun to chat with her teacher about the class.