1. Getting Crafty Girls into Engineering Why does society consider some hobbies "technical" and others "fluffy/pretty", when they too could easily be indicators of a fantastic future engineer?
2. Are STEM fields too mean for women? I weighed in and said I liked that we're honest, it made me strong. Also that we shouldn't judge STEM based on exit interviews unless we compare it to other fields people are leaving.
3. feminists vs. housewives showdown! (again) Magazine sales are driven by controversy, even made-up controversy about how feminists NEVER stay home with their kids and look down on any woman who does (false).
4. Annual rant on parties where women sell crap to each other Ladies, let's just get together to be friends. I'm tired of baskets and scented candles.
5. Dear @NASA & @AstroKarenN - a little remessaging to encourage women in engineering? NASA's astronaut bio painted a portrait of a smart engineer who didn't seem like a smart engineer. I say that crafty hobbies MAKE you a smart engineer.
6. star talk radio, a bit on darkness Just a cool note about why the universe looks dark except for the stars we see
7. What I looked for in a preschool security, degreed teachers... but the tie-breaker ended up being the classroom pets.
8. How I explained 'kinky boots' to my kid Her struggle was more about finding those boots in her size... adults who think drag queens are hard to explain have it all wrong.
9. Guide to second baby gifts In a nutshell, anything the first baby chewed on.
10. What Scares my Toddler I don't get it, but the kid loves movies that scare me (Coraline) but hates a grown-up in a spongebob costume.