Anyway, here are things I want to do in 2012:
Eat less meat. I really do think society's meat-eating habits are not only bad for our health, but ruining the environment. I want to learn how to not need it at every meal.
Write shorter lj entries. Normal people do not have an introduction, body paragraphs, and a conclusion. Comparing entries, I just get more and more long-winded every year I think.
Read more than 15 books. That's how many I think I read in 2011, it's just good to trend that number up.
Ride my bike. It's been hanging in the garage since we moved!
Get the baby to sleep in her own bed.
Carry no credit card balances. I only carried over a few times this last year, but every time it's like $20 that I could have used for something else.
Replace the light bulbs we use a lot, like the ones in the living room, with CFLs. I actually already put an order in for these, it's tricky to find dimmable flame-tips, and when I did find them it was only online and they were like $10 EACH! But based on my calculations I'll still save money on energy, and the life-hours on these things is nuts, so that helps too.
Looking back, here's how I did in 2011:
- Use fewer ellipses (...) in writing, both livejournal entries and emails I worked on this! And I think things improved.
- Read at least one "classic" novel Unfortunately, I read The Fountainhead
- Acquire more curtains for the house Guest room and dining room are curtained!
- Don't let the scary clutter room in the basement get worse Marc helped out with this a lot, we still need some clear boxes
- Get rid of old CDs failed
- When sewing, pay attention to the fabric pattern direction before cutting! still failed a few times but I'm trying
- Post sewing projects Posted to etsy a lot! And sometimes, livejournal
- Do not horde scrap fabric oops. now I horde all fabric.
- Sew a better looking skirt for the example image on my skirt pattern calculator. done, but the photo could have been nicer
- Change spacefem.com quiz images to go through a more sustainable expiration script failed
Per my resolution rules, if something failed as a resolution it can't be carried forward to the next year, I have to find some other way to accomplish it. Keeps me fresh. Or at least, not living in denial that I'm actually going to accomplish something that I clearly won't do.