I think the big reason most people don't understand PMS is that they equate it with just being a bitch. Not so... I can be a total bitch and not have PMS. I can also get mad about something that might seem trivial to someone else without having PMS. PMS is different for everyone, but I've found a few things to be true at least for me and some close friends...
- If I don't feel like doing anything and can't bring myself to leave my room but get really mad and hate myself for it, that's PMS.
- If I feel uncomfortable around people at all for no apparent reason, it may be PMS.
- If I feel gross even after taking a shower and my room gives me anxiety even after cleaning it, I probably have PMS.
- If someone cuts me off in traffic and I shout angry words at them, that's not PMS. That's just what happens when someone cuts me off in traffic.
- When I have the guts to tell someone stupid that they are in fact really stupid, that's not PMS, that's just me being blunt.
And I really, really hate it when my brain doesn't work like it's supposed to.