So maybe I'll consider the last few months as an experiment in having a comment-inducing journal and change my focus to writing down key things that happen in my life and thoughts i'm thinking even if they're redundant. I'm okay with that.
Conclusion from the last few months results in...
Spacefem's Guide To Getting Lots Of Comments In Your LiveJournal
(because let's face it, you wanna see the love, right?)
1) Have a good friends list. 50 is a good number.
2) Post a lot in their journals so they'll feel guilty about not posting in yours.
3) Keep entries short, most people don't want to read really long stuff.
4) Be a hot chick
5) Don't ask for comments. If you ask, you look like you're begging and people get that, "What's in it for me?" feeling.
6) Mention people's names in your journal.
7) Alternate emotions. If you're happy one day, be pissed off the next. That way nobody gets bored with you or has to avoid commenting because they gave the "don't be sad *HUGS*" comment yesterday.
8) Discuss interesting subjects. Sex is the most interesting subject, for the record. Yup--sex toys, sex thoughts, sex dreams--it doesn't matter as long as it's sex.
9) Type something in all capital letters--just a sentence, to let people know you're being passionate.
10) Don't take personality quizes. Ever.
I think that's all I can think of. I'm going to go take a shower now, and think about how I plan to supplement the peanut butter & crackers I had for dinner.