1) What are you doing this spring that you weren't doing 1 year ago?
Most things! Biggest thing was last weekend, I had my long-awaited 40th birthday party. Took 41 years to get here. We had a decent group of friends over, hung out around the fire pit outside, shared some food, hugged, met new people and talked, and toasted to both my birthday and the end of the pandemic. I hope.
2) What pandemic precautions are you still taking?
We err on the side of outside activities when we can, but that's about it. Oh and I still have masks with me and will 100% wear one if asked, which I bet is more than most people are doing, there's a lot of no masks happening.
3) What's a safety rule that's very important to you?
Walk with scissors tip down. Don't text and walk down stairs.
4) What plants are blooming where you live?
The gardenias I planted worked out beautifully! I also have giant green bean plants that are starting little flowers, and ate some strawberries straight off my plants last week.
5) What was your most memorable summer job?
Definitely the shoe store. I learned a little about shoes, a little about sales, too much about the anarchy that kids create in stores. And after all that stress parents would buy them shoes? What a terrible deal, parenthood.