When the pandemic hit, I stopped getting haircuts. That was fun. So now I have longer hair than I’ve had in FOREVER.
Bad things about long hair:
- Constantly looking for a way to tie it back out of my face. Good thing hair ties come in 100 packs. 1000 packs would be great too.
- Sometimes I wake up at night sweaty with hair around my neck and I am FULL OF RAGE.
- Cannot wash/dry it in five minutes like short hair, that is for sure.
Good things about long hair:
- I wake up and brush it. It's heavy enough it all goes down. It doesn't go weird directions based on how I slept. I don't have to get it wet and re-dry it hoping for the best. There aren't good/bad hair days... just days.
- Is it pretty? I can't decide!
- Wash it 1-2 times a week, maybe
I think I might grow it out for a while. I've had hair so long before that when I finally cut it all off I donated it to hairless children, or something. I could do that again.
I see gray hairs sometimes, especially in the front. This isn't concerning to me because I am in a career where I want to be smart and wise. When I am gray, I am an elder. I will have all the answers and respect of my fellow engineers. Right?
I don't have very many gray hairs at all but there are more this year than last year, which tells me that this would be my last donation. I don't think the hairless children want to be gray before their years.