1) What's the furthest place you've traveled to in the last 12 months?
Topeka, Kansas! About 90 minutes away.
2) What's the most interesting small town within driving distance?
Independence Kansas is charming. Park, zoo, Little House on the Prairie. We should take the kids there. We also liked the children's museum in Enid, OK.
3) What's the coolest tourist attraction in your city?
The Cosmosphere in Hutchinson, KS. Shoot just thinking about it makes me realize we have to get out there again.
4) What was your favorite road trip you took as a kid?
I loved visiting state capitol buildings. I still do. Jefferson City, Topeka, Springfield. And I've been to the Georgia capitol. I love the architecture, and they make me feel hopeful.
5) How often do you feel like you've got to get away?
I'm there. I didn't even think of myself as a travel person but I miss it so much. I especially miss work travel! The awkward conferences, hotel breakfasts, striking up conversations, unfamiliar rental cars in unfamiliar towns. Time to myself away from the family. I am ready to go someplace.